The contest is closed.
We’ve had a busy month of August and want to congratulate each of the 4 weekly winners and send a BIG THANK YOU to Cheryl for her support. Keep your eyes open for more contest to come![UPDATE]
We have a feeling that the vast majority of the visitors to this site are fans of Star Wars.
To be honest, we KNOW the majority of you are fanatical fans of this series that has been captured in movies, TV shows, books, video games, toys, clothing, and many, many more methods. We know this because of the emails some of you have sent us through our contact us page asking for help, looking for a specific pattern, or sharing your own creation with us. We’ve also seen all of the comments left on this site or our Facebook page. Lastly, we know this because we’ve seen our site statistics.
One of the more popular Star Wars patterns we’ve highlights here comes from Cheryl at Hookin’ To The Beat with her May The Force Be With You blanket. We’re teaming up with Cheryl this summer to give away one of her patterns for free each week between now and August 23, 2015. All you have to do (aside from the detailed contest rules below) is Like us on Facebook or subscribe to our email Newsletter. Each week, we’ll pull one random winner from our combined Facebook Likes and Newsletter subscribers.
Already a Facebook fan or signed up to receive our email newsletter? No problem – you’re automatically entered! You can double your chances simply by entering through both methods. Winners will have the ability to select 1 of either Cheryl’s May the Force Be With You or Death Star patterns.
[UPDATE AUG 16, 2016] After some great participation from our audience during the first 2 weeks, we’re going to give you the opportunity to increase your odds of winning. In addition to Liking us on Facebook and signing up to our email newsletter, we’ll also give extra chances to you for every Like or comment you make to any post we publish before our next draw. That means if we publish 5 new posts onto our Facebook page and you Like each of them AND comment on them, you’ll get 10 additional chances!
- A valid entry consists of any of the following methods:
- A valid email address subscribed to The Nerdy Knitter Newsletter. The signup form can be found at http://thenerdyknitter.com. In order to be a valid entry, a legitimate email address must be subscibed at the time of the deadline for each draw.
- By “Liking” the Nerdy Knitter Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Nerdy-Knitter/811404852203313. In order to be a valid entry, you must “Like” this page at the time of the deadline for each draw.
- Beginning on Aug 16 at 7pm ET, additional entries will be awarded for each and every Like or Comment made to new posts published on the Nerdy Knitter Facebook page. A maximum of 1 Like and 1 Comment will be awarded entries per person per post as of this date.
- All eligible participants can have up to 2 entries total per draw, one for each valid method
- Contest draw dates are as follows:
- Draw 1: Entry deadline Sunday, August 9, 2015 7pm ET
- Draw 2: Entry deadline Sunday, August 16, 2015 7pm ET
- Draw 3: Entry deadline Sunday, August 23, 2015 7pm ET
- Draw 4: Entry deadline Sunday, August 30, 2015 7pm ET
- Winner(s) will be selected at random by the editors of The Nerdy Knitter from all valid and eligible entries
- The Nerdy Knitter reserves the right to disqualify any entry or winner judged to be invalid solely by the operators of The Nerdy Knitter
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received
- No purchase necessary to enter the draw
- Winners will have the option to choose 1 pattern from the available patterns presented to them; prizes constitute an electronic version of a pattern – no physical product or supplies are included
- The Nerdy Knitter reserves the right to make changes to the prize list including the option to cancel the draw without selection of a winner at any time without notice
- Prize(s) cannot be exchanged or substituted; there is no cash value
- We are not responsible for entries that are not collected due to any form of technical difficulty
- Residents of the province of Quebec, Canada are not eligible to win
- Contest participants and winners must be at least 18 years of age
- All original rights to patterns or content remain with the rights owners
- By participating in this contest, all entrants acknowledge their acceptance to completely release Facebook and acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.